SALES SKILLS FOR GARDEN CENTRE STAFF
Improve your garden centre sales and your sales skills or those of your staff. This 20 hour online course was written in conjunction with professionals working in this field. Students will learn the art of selling: understanding that a more professional approach to selling is the key to improved sales in today’s competitive environment.
A business cannot survive without great salespeople and garden centres are not excluded from this. Too often garden centres have concentrated only the plants – not how to sell those plants. If a garden centre is to survive today, then it needs great staff with the abilities, techniques, attitudes and approaches of professional salespeople. Just knowing about horticulture, although important, is not enough. A sales team or even a single salesperson can make a huge difference to the success of a business. Knowing how to open and close a sale and how to encourage add-on sales are fundamental to sales skills. This course covers that and a lot more.
Who is this course aimed at?
• Garden centre sales assistants
• Garden centre owners
• Small operators
• Larger operators with accessible and flexible staff training needs
• People (with some horticultural background) looking to break into garden sales
• Students of horticulture wanting to expand into sales
Lesson 1: Presentation, Personality and Communication in Selling
- Personality, Self-Awareness and Attitude
- Types of Shoppers
- Communication, Active Listening and Conversation Selling
- Communicating Confidence
- Trends in Ethical Shopping
Lesson 2: Helping the Product Sell Itself
- Merchandising and Displays
- How Customers Pay
- Case Study: Garden Centre Products & Services
Lesson 3: Product Knowledge
- What is Product Knowledge?
- Knowing your competition
- Marketing for Sales Outlets and Retail Businesses
Lesson 4: Selling Made Simple
- Introduction - The selling process
- Steps in Sales
- Using Language to Promote Sales
- Creating Logical Sentences
- Reduce Confusion in Your Sales Approach
Lesson 5: ‘The Opening’ (Gaining the Customer ’s Attention)
- Timing and Opening a Sale
Lesson 6: ‘Closing a Sale’ (COS)
Lesson 7: The Law and Selling
- Ethics and Selling
- Ethics in Sales
- Guidelines for Ethical Marketing and Selling
Lesson 8: Gaining and Keeping Customers
- Customer Satisfaction
- Measuring Success
How does this course work?
You can enrol at any time
Once you have paid for the course, you will be able to start straight away.
Study when and where you like. Work through at your own pace.
You can download your study-guide to your smart phone, tablet or laptop to read offline.
There are automated self-assessment tests you can complete at the end of each lesson. You can attempt these as many times as you wish and each time, upon completion, you can see your results. You will need internet access to complete the self assessment tests.
At the end of the course, you are presented with a large assessment which can be attempted online, anywhere, anytime. If you achieve a 60% pass in the exam; you immediately receive a downloadable certificate of completion with your name on it. If you do not achieve a 60% pass rate, you can contact us to re-sit your exam. ( email- firstname.lastname@example.org )
Contact us at anytime if you have any issues with the course. email@example.com