Planting what where short course- understand different plants and what would suit your garden.
Having a garden can be both exciting and also a little overwhelming at the same time. The amazing potential of what you can achieve from a space is limitless, irrespective of the size of the space. Before you waste money on plants that may not flourish so well in your particular area, or even worse- die- get to know which plants suit your climate and location. You could complete this course in a weekend if you wanted or space your learning out how ever long you need. There are no time restrictions or deadlines.
The Planting what Where short course is ideal for home gardeners or beginners in the garden design industry and provides a complete learning experience with practical exercises that you can do at home. The self guided course provides learners with the opportunity to understand about plant selection in a short course setting.
There are optional activities and tasks that you can complete along the way that can expand your knowledge in this area. At the end of each lesson you will need to complete an online self assessment test. The course will also conclude with a large comprehensive online exam. If you achieve a mark over 60% for the exam, you will be awarded a Certificate of Completion with your name on it.
This study program can be completed in as little as 20 hours.
Thirteen lessons cover the following:
- Plant Selection Strategies
- Plant Establishment Methods
- Detecting Problems with Plants as they are Establishing
- Planting Solutions for Wet Areas
- Gardening in the Shade
- Growing Windbreaks, Hedges and Screens
- Plants for Dry Gardens
- Planting Coastal Gardens
- Trees and Shrubs
- Fitting More into a Small Garden
- Plants for Various Situations
- Establishing Lawns
- Living Garden Art
- Enrol any time of day or night
- Start studying immediately or later (as you wish)
- Configure your study sessions at any length and frequency you wish
- Work through at your own pace
- Help desk- contact our help desk here with the subject title: 'Help Desk Short Course'
self assessment tests pop up at the end of each lesson. You can attempt
these as many times as you wish; and each time, upon completion, you
can see your results.
- At the end of the whole course, you
are presented with a major automated examination which can be attempted
online, anywhere, anytime
- If you achieve a 60% pass in the exam; you immediately receive a downloadable certificate of completion with your name on it