Introducing climbers to your garden is a wonderful way to beautify your space.
Use climbers to:
- Hide unsightly wall
- Bring in splashes of colour with flowering climbers
- As an outdoors pot plant climbers can bring an element of nature into an urban environment
- Provide privacy if you grow them on a trellis
- Fence off boundaries
- Provide shelter or shade if you use them to grow over structures such as pergolas, arches and arbours
And best of all climbers won't take up much space.
This book is a fantastic guide to climbers complete with attractive full colour photographs, ideal for everyone from the gardening enthusiast to landscape designers.
CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION AND GROWING CLIMBERS
CHAPTER 2 ENCYCLOPAEDIA OF CLIMBERS
CHAPTER 3 USING CLIMBERS
- Twining stems
- Adhesive aerial roots
- Climbers grown frequently in hot climates
- Commonly used climbers in temperate climates
CHAPTER 4 BOUGAINVILLEAS
- Climbers for cottage gardens
- Climbers for coastal areas
- Climbers to grow on trees
- Climbers to grow on walls
- Why trellis?
- Different ways of using trellis
- Landscaping with trellis
- Choosing plants to grow on trellis
CHAPTER 5 CLEMATIS
- How to grow bougainvilleas
- What climate is best?
- Different ways to grow bougainvilleas
- Tub plants
- Topiary and hedging
- Indoor plants
- Bonsai specimens
- Cover a pergola or fence