Learn more about medicinal herbs and their unique properties and benefits to health.
If you have been curious about learning more on medicinal herbs and don’t have the time to commit to a large course, the Medicinal Herbs short course is ideal for you. Whether you are looking to start your own business producing products using medicinal herbs or if you want to know more about using herbal remedies for your family, this is the ideal course to provide you with a great foundation. Using a self paced, interactive study guide; you can take as much or little time as you wish to complete this course.
The topics covered in this course include an introduction to herbs and history of herbal medicine, the chemicals in herbs and their effects on the human body, the ways that herbs are used, methods of preparing herbs for use, a thorough directory of some herbs and their attributes and working with medicinal herbs.
As you progress through each lesson you will be provided with a range of ways you can expand your learning. By choosing what tasks you do and don't undertake you can expand in areas that interest you most, and skip areas of less interest.
You won't miss anything important that you need to know about medicinal herbs as long as you read the notes that are presented alongside these "learn more" suggestions.
At the end of each lesson, you will be given a short interactive test to undertake, which will provide an indication of how your learning is progressing. Upon completing the very last lesson, you will be offered a more thorough automated test or examination. This final assessment can be undertaken at any time of day or night; and any day of the week; and if you achieve an overall pass; you will be able to obtain a "certificate of completion", which will have your name on it.
Five lessons in this course cover:
- Scope and Nature of Medicinal Herbs
- Chemicals that are found in Herbs and Effects on the Human Body
- Ways Herbs are Used in Medicines
- Methods of Preparing Herbs for Medicinal Use
- A Review of over 50 plant species; covering appearance, culture, chemistry, medicinal properties and uses.
- Working with Medicinal Herbs
- Enrol any time of day or night;
- Start studying immediately or later (as you wish)
- Configure your study sessions at any length and frequency you wish
- Work through at your own pace
- Help desk- contact our help desk here with the subject title: 'Help Desk Short Course'
self assessment tests pop up at the end of each lesson. You can attempt
these as many times as you wish; and each time, upon completion, you
can see your results.
- At the end of the whole course, you
are presented with a major automated examination which can be attempted
online, anywhere, anytime.
- If you achieve a 60% pass in the exam; you immediately receive a downloadable certificate of completion.