A guide to water activities for Fitness Leaders and participants of water related fitness programs.
- for fitness instructors and participants of water related fitness programs
easy to follow instructions
- covers facilities and equipment
- includes information on how to program an exercise session
- safety and first aid information
- legal issues for instructors who wish to offer aqua fitness classes
This is a book for everyone; from elite athletes to elderly and infirmed; to fitness instructors and life coaches who are looking to expand their knowledge and skills.
Aquafitness can involve a wide variety of things, from swimming or snorkeling to water aerobics or deep water running. Exercising in water has tremendous advantages over exercising on land. It is low impact, and that fact alone reduces likelihood of short or long term injuries; not to mention the fantastic benefits it offers to people who have impaired movement or are undergoing rehabilitation. In addition, the cooling effect of the water, reduces the chance of heat stress during a work out.
This ebook has been designed to serve two purposes:
- To provide a guide of how anyone can exercise properly and safely in their own home pool, or a local swimming pool.
- To train fitness leaders in how to orgranise and instruct clients in aquafitness
(Note: The book has also been written to satisfy the requirements for the Aquafitness module required for registration as a fitness instructor in Australia).
If you know someone with back or knee problems; or who is needing rehabilitation after an operation, aquafitness may be the best and safest way for them to rebuild their strength and mobility.
This ebook is ideal:
- For older people with more fragile bones, aquafitness allows the best opportunity of regular exercise with minimum risk of injury.
- For elite sportsmen, aqua exercise allows more frequent and intense exercise with reduced chance of long term detrimental effects on the body.
Chapter 1 Aqua fitness activities
Chapter 2 Facilities and equipment
Chapter 3 Exercises for aqua fitness
Chapter 4 Programming an exercise session
Chapter 5 Safety and health
Chapter 6 Running an exercise session
Chapter 7 Swimming
Appendix I Hydrodynamic principles
Appendix II Directory
Aquafitness Distance Education Course See more here.